Dallas Public Property Accident Attorney

You can get injured pretty much anywhere, on both private and public property. However, most victims of slip and fall accidents and other accidents that fall under the umbrella of premises liability law have no idea whether they were injured on private or public property.

Our Dallas public property accident attorney from Law Office of Dorothy Hyde explains that accidents can happen anywhere, including but not limited to parking lots, sidewalks, roadways, parks, public playgrounds, and other places. When injured in any of these areas, prior to fling a lawsuit to recover damages you will have to determine who owns that property, who is responsible for inspection and maintenance of that property, and which party failed to prevent the accident through exercising reasonable care.

Suing a public entity for your injury is tricky

More often than not, seeking compensation for your injury on a private property such as a restaurant, shopping mall, beauty salon, or any other commercial establishment is not as complicated and confusing as suing a public or government entity.

Using Stair Exercises To Improve Strength, Power, Flexibility & Conditioning! sustanon 250 for sale Push-press | Exercise Videos & Guides | Bodybuilding.com

Our experienced public property accident attorney in Dallas explains that suing a city, municipality, state, or any other government agency or public entity for its failure to exercise reasonable care on public property can be tricky, because many such properties are used by thousands of people each day and a dangerous condition can be created any second.

Yes, establishing liability in a slip and fall accident or any other premises liability accident on a public property may not be as straightforward as suing the owner or occupier of a private property who failed to keep you safe on the property, but nonetheless, you are entitled to seek compensation for your injury that occurs on private property in Dallas or elsewhere in Texas.

Unfortunately, public entities are more likely to fight back by hiring a skilled and aggressive defense lawyer who will attempt to either minimize your compensation or deny your claim altogether.

Moreover, there are special state requirements and procedures when it comes to filing a personal injury or premises liability claim against a government entity in Dallas or elsewhere in Texas. Our Dallas premises liability lawyer says that one of the many differences between filing a personal injury claim against a private and public entity is that there are shorter time limits for the latter.

Where can a public property accident occur?

Your personal injury case may fall under the category of “public property accident” if you sustain an injury on any of the following properties, which are often owned, controlled, and maintained by government or public entities:

  • Street
  • Roadway
  • Sidewalk
  • Parking lot
  • Public park (national or state)
  • Public school
  • Public library
  • Public playground
  • Government office building
  • Court building and
  • Public health facility

Causes of accidents on public property

Causes of accidents on public properties vary from one case to another, but the most common causes include:

  • Wet or slippery surfaces
  • Inadequate lighting
  • Uneven or cracked surfaces on the ground or flooring
  • Potholes or other hidden and non-obvious holes
  • Unmarked construction sites and
  • Foreign obstacles on the ground

In order to receive compensation for your injury in a public property accident, you will have to prove that the accident was caused by a dangerous condition which should have not been there had the government or public entity responsible for maintaining that property exercised a reasonable duty of care.

Let our premises liability lawyers at Law Office of Dorothy Hyde review your particular case and determine the value of your personal injury claim. Let us guide you through the complicated process of filing a premises liability claim against a public entity in Texas. Call our offices at (214) 883-1700 to schedule a free consultation today.