Pedestrian Hurt In Scaffolding Collapse
When you are out walking around Dallas, you always know there are risks of getting hurt. We know that there are negligent drivers all around us and we take steps to be safe. However, reckless drivers are not the only cause of pedestrian injuries. A woman who was walking down West 2nd Street was seriously injured when scaffolding on a building above her collapsed and fell.
You may have seen this story on the news. The stories all seemed to focus on the dramatic footage of a construction worker hanging onto the side of a building after the scaffolding collapse, but the real tragedy happened at the street level. The worker was connected to a harness, but the woman had to protection from the falling debris.
At the Law Office of Dorothy Hyde, we know that you may not know where to turn if you are harmed in a pedestrian incident. You can count on Dottie Hyde to have your back. She will tirelessly pursue the people responsible for your injuries so you can get the compensation you deserve. Call us today when you need a Dallas pedestrian accident attorney.
What Can Happen?
As we mentioned about, there are many ways that people can get hurt in pedestrian incidents. These are almost always unexpected and can cause serious injuries. The human body does not have armor, so anything that strikes us is likely to cause damage.
- Vehicle crashes – for the latest reporting year in Texas, there were 614 people killed and thousands more injured in pedestrian versus vehicle incidents. Many of these revolve around drivers who do not pay attention to pedestrian right-of-ways.
- Scooter crashes – more and more, we are realizing the severity of electric scooter crashes across the city. Inexperienced riders get hurt and they also hurt others by crashing into them. People are also getting injured by tripping over discarded scooters that seem to end up everywhere.
- Freak accidents – like the incident above shows, there are times when unpredictable incidents occur. There is no way the women injured from the scaffolding collapse could have predicted what would happen. However, the people responsible for the collapse need to be held accountable.
The cost of treating pedestrian injuries can become tremendous. Not only are there medical expenses, but there are other hidden costs like a person’s lost income if they cannot work as well as pain and suffering damages.
Moving Forward From Here
In the aftermath of a pedestrian incident that has caused you harm, you need an advocate by your side who will secure the compensation you deserve. At the Law Office of Dorothy Hyde, we will work to investigate what happened so we can secure the following:
- Coverage for your medical bills
- Money for lost income if you cannot work
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages