Major Medical Death Cover-Up
While we do not usually bring you stories from outside of the state, this is one we think you need to see. Recently, in Tennessee, the staff at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center were not upfront about what really killed one of their patients.
Last December, a patient was set to receive a routine sedative. Instead, a nurse administered the powerful drug vecuronium, a drug used to keep patients from moving during surgery. This is also one of the drugs used to kill people during lethal injection.
When the patient received this drug, they lost consciousness, went into cardiac arrest, and were subsequently left brain dead. They were taken off of life support the next day.
At first, the county medical examiner’s office was not told about the cause of the death. Now, an investigation is underway to expose a possible cover-up. At the Law Office of Dorothy Hyde, we know that there are a number of ways that another person’s negligence can cause people to lose their lives. If you need a Dallas wrongful death attorney, you can call us today.
How This Happens
Wrongful death cases arise when another person’s negligence, willful act, or wrongful act causes the death of another person. It is not always just one person who is responsible. Sometimes it can be a group, company, or agency.
- Medical Malpractice
- Impaired Drivers
- Workplace Accidents
- Faulty Products
- Premises Incidents
- Pedestrian And Bicycle Injuries
– As evidenced by the story above, medical mistakes can be deadly. They kill at least 250,000 people a year and are the third leading cause of death in the United States. We often see these occur due to medication errors, surgical errors, doctor misdiagnosis, delayed treatment, and more.
– In Dallas, drunk drivers are a major source of concern. For the latest reporting year in Texas , over 1,000 people were killed due to alcohol-involved crashes.
– Employers need to ensure that they provide a safe working environment for employees. This includes ensuring that all workers have the equipment and protective gear needed for their job.
– Each year, hundreds of products are recalled due to faulty designs, manufacturing errors, or problems with the labeling (warnings, dosages, ingredients, etc.).
– Slip and fall accidents cause more injuries than all other premises liability claims. Property owners and employees should work to ensure their patron’s safety at all times.
– These two groups of people are especially vulnerable in and around the roadway and can be harmed by reckless driving behavior.
What You Can Do Now
If you have lost a loved one due to the carelessness or recklessness of another person, we know you are going through so much right now. At the Law Office of Dorothy Hyde, we want to help you get the compensation you deserve for what happened. While we know that no amount of money can erase the pain you are feeling, this can help bring some closure.