Dallas Teenager Loses Her Life In Tragic Accident
The entire Dallas area is mourning the loss of a 16-year-old girl after she died in a vehicle accident last week. Daisy Torres was killed and three other teenagers were injured when the vehicle they were riding in was clipped by another car. This caused their vehicle to spin out of control, off of the roadway and hit a pole.
The Dallas school district had resources available for students to talk to after the tragedy and a district spokeswoman said that “This is the most challenging day we’ve had to face within recent months.”
At the Law Office of Dorothy Hyde, we know that incidents like this are not what people want to think about on a daily basis. Unfortunately, they happen and you need to know where to turn when they do.
If you need a Dallas car accident attorney, you can count on Dottie Hyde to fight for you. She will work to secure the compensation you need in the aftermath of an accident.
In 2017, Texas saw a total of 3,721 people killed and 14,299 people seriously injured in vehicle accidents. In Dallas, 197 people lost their lives and more than 1,000 were seriously injured in vehicle crashes.
We know that many accidents result in only property damage or minor injuries, but serious injuries can leave a person with major medical expenses. We often see the following as a result of car accidents:
- Spinal cord injuries (with paralysis)
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Major internal organ damage
- Severe lacerations or amputations
- Broken or dislocated bones
Many of these injuries can lead to life-long disabilities that require extensive care.
Why does it happen?
- 1,024 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. Drunk drivers cause injuries and fatalities at higher rates in accidents than any other drivers.
- Distracted drivers continue to be a major source of concern on Texas roadways. Drivers who continually look at their phone or device screens instead of the roadway are dangerous to everyone around them.
- Speeding and aggressive drivers put lives in jeopardy due to their reckless behavior.
Regardless of how a driver’s negligence causes harm, those drivers should be held accountable for their actions.
What You Can Do
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, please seek legal assistance as soon as you can. At the Law Office of Dorothy Hyde, we know that you have so much to deal with in the aftermath of an accident. Let us handle some of it for you.
We will work to secure the compensation you need for all of your accident-related injuries. This can include:
- Help with your medical expenses
- Recovery of lost income if you miss work
- Pain and suffering damages
- And more